Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How Does Your Realtor Get Paid?

How Does Your Realtor Get Paid?

This has been an ongoing problem for us Real Estate Professionals, but lately I find myself having to defend myself more than normal so I felt the need to chat about it.  For some reason I am finding that most think we get paid a salary or hourly wage and even reimbursement for our expenses and then any commission we receive at the time of fruition is a huge bonus.  I feel a need to clarify this even if not directly to anyone specific as I am sure this is not just something I am dealing with. 

If you are working with a Real Estate Professional to buy or sell a home or even the courtesy to help you find a rental please keep this in mind:

As a professional we are required to take continuing education classes at our own expense after we are licensed and have become paid members of our Boards.  We have monthly fees, quarterly fees and yearly fees and dues in addition to our license fees.  We also pay for all of our office expenses and vehicle expenses out of pocket with no reimbursement and no salary or wages.  We are independent and self employed and if and when we have a successful closing for you our client then our broker will receive the commission and we will receive our portion that we in turn have to allow what that transaction cost us along the way and what we will owe for taxes and anything left is ours.

If you are lucky enough to have one of us help you with an rental, I must say that we do that more as a courtesy and we have to limit our time invested and expenses for obvious reasons so please understand.
Click here to go to our site and search homes now at fraserpropertieslv


    

No comments:

Post a Comment